For most people, building a house is the biggest investment they will ever make. If managed properly, the process can be fun and enjoyable. There are a lot of fun decisions, time spent dreaming and planning, and the joy of owning the home that you want.
At Ledger Builders, we know that consistent communication with you, providing detailed information on an ongoing basis, is the key to ensuring you have an enjoyable experience and your home is completed in a timely fashion. We expect you to ask lots of questions and we promise to be honest, upfront, and prompt in providing you with the necessary information.
The following is an overview of the process we typically follow prior to breaking ground.
- Discuss rough price range, lot, your needs and wants
- You are given copies of the print or prints which may be of interest to take home and analyze
- We will go over any changes you would like to make to the blueprint
- Fill out a bid questionnaire
- Provide you with a list of preliminary selections which may be necessary for the proposal (cabinets, flooring and countertops, plumbing fixtures)
- Review proposal and answer questions
- You are invited to take the proposal home for further review
- If no major changes are needed, the proposal is signed by both parties
- Review the selection guidelines and schedule
* If necessary, between the second and third meeting, Ledger Builders will have the blueprints redrawn to reflect the requested changes.
A typical house takes five to six months from the time of basement excavation to occupancy. Weather, the time of year, amount of detail, and the size of the house will ultimately determine how long the process takes.